FAQs

‚Äč

Who is the typical Gourmet Cycling Guest?

  • Anybody can create their own private or corporate Gourmet Cycling event

  • Cycling experiences will cater for beginner, intermediate and advanced standards

  • Gourmet experiences need no previous culinary training

  • Whilst overall groups can range from 8-30 guests each cycling or gourmet experience will be managed in groups no larger than 8-12 guests

 

 

How fit do I need to be and what training should I do for the cycling?

  • A beginner needs only to be able to ride a bicycle

  • Intermediates should be able to cycle between 60-100km in up to 5-6 hours

  • Advanced cyclists will be looking to cycle between 120-170km with up to 2,000 to 3,500km of climbing per day

  • However each group will have a bespoke course created for them dependant on their needs, capability and desired locations

 

Can I bring my own bike and equipment - what types of bikes are for hire?

  • Guests are encouraged to bring their own bikes and our mechanics will support any technical requirements throughout the trip

  • We have access to most makes of bikes for hire, however it is important to provide personal size measurements well in advance of your trip, otherwise availability of certain bike sizes may be restricted

  • You will need to bring your own pedals, shoes, helmet and possibly a saddle if you have special requirements

  • We will provide spare inner tubes and tools for all cyclists to use

  • You will need to bring at least 3 sets of cycling kit

 

What support will there be pre / post the ride and on the road?

  • All cyclists will be provided with Strava maps prior to the trip as well as the night before each day’s cycling

  • There will be a briefing for each cycling group at breakfast each morning, highlighting café / lunch stops

  • Support cars and guides are available to each group at an extra cost, as well as drone videos to capture both challenging and fun “on road” experiences

  • Massages may be booked for an extra cost at all GC partner hotels and villas

 

What is the accommodation like?

  • Hotels and villas are either 4* or 5* with shared or single occupancy available

  • Meals will also be hosted in the hotel, villa, local restaurant or bodega

  • Suitably healthy breakfasts will be provided for all cyclists

  • Laundering of cycling kit will be available for guests cycling more than 3 days

 

Is there anything for non cyclists to do?

  • Our range of gourmet cooking / wine tasting experiences are suitable for non cyclists and cyclists that may want to take a break from cycling

  • The gourmet experiences will be held either at the hotel, villa or a nearby development kitchen or bodega

  • The spa and other activities can be made available as required

 

 

What are the payment terms?

  • Payments can be made in either €Euros or £Sterling

  • If payment is in Euros then 40% will need to be paid to secure the booking; the remaining 60% to be paid 4 weeks prior the arrival date

  • Certain extra elements may need to be paid in advance N.B. Pro Guide / Guest Chefs TBA at the time of booking